- WHO ARE GUGA HANDLOOMS?
We want to be upfront about how we collect and process your personal data when you use our website.
First up, this Guga website is not intended for minors.
This privacy notice supplements any other notices.
Guga Handlooms are part of Skye Batiks and it is Skye Batiks Ltd who is responsible for your personal data (referred to as Guga, we, us or our in this privacy notice).
Our contact details are:
Skye Batiks, Portree, Isle of Skye, IV51 9BY
Telephone 0+44/0 1478 613331
For all matters relating to data, contact email@example.com
Our registered company address is:
Redwood, 19 Culduthel Road, Inverness, Scotland, IV2 4AA
The bits we can do nothing about.
Our website may include links to third-party websites and plug-ins. Following these links may allow third parties to collect your data. We have no control over these third-party websites and cannot be responsible for their policies.
- THE PERSONAL DATA WE MAY COLLECT
Personal data means anything that can identify you. The information we may collect, and use includes the following:
- Your name and title.
- Contact information including addresses, email and telephone numbers.
- Data about your usage of our website, products, and services.
- Details of any commercial transactions between us.
- Marketing and communications data which includes your communication preferences.
- Profile data including username and password and previous purchases.
- Technological information about your visit.
- Technology data including IP address, login data, browser type, operating system and platform and technology relating to the device you use to access our website.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data about you. That is your business, and we want to keep it that way.
Under the normal terms of a contract, we need to collect your personal data to send your goods to you. It is really as simple as that.
- HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
There are different ways we may collect your personal data:
- You may give us your personal data by filling in forms or in corresponding with us for example when you buy from us, create an account on our website or request information from us.
- Other sources. We may receive data from you from third parties such as analytics providers like Google based outside the EU. We may also receive contact, financial and transaction data from technical payment and delivery services and credit reference agencies.
- WHAT WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
You can be assured that we will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Typically, this means when we are processing an order for you or acting on your instructions, or when we are managing our business to give you the best service we can.
We will also use your personal data when complying with a legal or regulatory obligation
Marketing. If we perform any direct marketing, we will only use your name and email address and ensure your only receive relevant content from us with your concent.
Promotional offers from us. We will send you marketing communication if you have purchased goods from us or otherwise communicated to us and not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Third-party marketing. We will not share you personal details with any other company outside Skye Batiks Ltd.
Opting out. You can opt out of marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing messages we send to you. When you opt out, this will not apply to personal data we collect as a result of a purchase you have made from us.
- WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Third parties within Skye Batiks Ltd
- Service providers and processors based in the UK who provide system administrative services.
- HM Revenue and Customs and other authorities may require details of processing activities under certain circumstances.
- Third parties, if we decide to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We never allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes.
- IF YOU WANT A JOB WITH US
We collect personal data from you if you apply to work with us in order to process your application.
- SOCIAL MEDIA
Google Analytics. This website uses the “Google Analytics” service provided by Google Inc. (1600 Amphitheater Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA) to analyse users’ website usage. The service uses “cookies” stored on your device. The information collected by the cookies is usually sent to a Google server in the US and stored there. Under the terms of the agreement, which website operators have entered into with Google Inc., they use the information collected to compile an evaluation of website activity and site activity and provide Internet-related services. For more information on Google Inc’s data usage, see https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
- DATA SECURITY
We are a small company doing our best. We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data being accidently lost or accessed in any unauthorised way. If there is a data breach, we will notify you and any other party where we are legally obliged to do so.
- DATA RETENTION
We will only keep your data for as long as we are legally obliged to do so in relation to any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
The right to request a copy of your personal data that we hold and to request that we correct any inaccuracies
The right to request your personal data is erased when we are no longer obliged to retain it.
The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data.
The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), where applicable i.e. where our processing is based upon consent or is necessary for the performance of our contract with you or where we process your data by automated means).
The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
The right to object to our processing of personal data, where applicable i.e. where processing is based on our legitimate interests (or in performance of a task in the public interest / exercise of official authority); direct marketing or processing for the purposes of scientific / historical research and statistics.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org